Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives (e.g., research, quality improvement or education) to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical need that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies. Pfizer’s GMG competitive grant program involves a publicly posted Request for Proposal (RFP) that provides detail regarding a specific area of interest, sets timelines for review and approval, and uses an external review panel (ERP) to make final grant decisions. Organizations are invited to submit an application addressing the specific gaps in research, practice or care as outlined in the specific RFP.
The intent of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to invite investigators from across the globe to submit innovative proposals focusing in the following areas:
- In hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer:
- Treatment strategies to overcome palbociclib + endocrine treatment resistance
- Novel treatment concepts of adding immuno-oncology (IO) agents to palbociclib + endocrine therapy
- In metastatic breast cancer:
- Novel treatment strategies utilizing talazoparib beyond gBRCA mutation
- Novel treatment strategies to overcome talazoparib resistance or improve tumor sensitization to talazoparib
In addition, incorporation of the following into the proposed clinical study would be of interest: a correlative/biomarker component using paired biopsy samples (e.g pre- and post- treatment), cfDNA assessment, predictive signatures beyond gBRCAmut in advanced breast cancer (such as tumor BRCA/PALB2mut or HRD), or PK/PD biomarkers to explore potential mechanisms of resistance/response or synergistic effect.
LOI due date: Oct. 15, 2019