The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
2021/2022 Global NASH ASPIRE* Competitive Grant Program
Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives (e.g., research, quality improvement or education) to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical need that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies. Pfizer’s GMG competitive grant program involves a publicly posted Request for Proposal (RFP) that provides detail regarding a specific area of interest, sets timelines for review and approval, and uses an expert review panel (ERP) to make final grant decisions. Organizations are invited to submit an application addressing the specific gaps in research, practice or care as outlined in the specific RFP.
The ASPIRE NASH program will evaluate submitted research proposals that cover areas in basic, clinical and translational sciences. The research proposals with innovative and the potential of high impact in advancing the learning about NASH will be encouraged.
The followings are the main areas of priority with high unmet needs:
• Improving models of care in patients with NASH and evidence generation of optimal management of NASH in various populations.
• Innovations in the use of non-invasive tools in the care of patients with NAFLD
• Understanding biological drivers of heterogeneity in disease pathogenesis and/ or progression and regression in NASH
Letter of Intent (LOI) due date: October 20, 2021
Geographic Scope: Global
To be eligible:
• Only organizations are eligible to receive grants, not individuals or medical practice groups.
• The applicant (PI) must have a medical or postdoctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent), an advanced nursing degree (BSN with a MS/PhD), or a degree in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, or Social Work.
• Applicant must be affiliated with a host institution.
• Both early career and experienced investigators are encouraged to apply and consideration will be given to all proposals meeting the selection criteria.
Individual projects requesting up to USD $140,000 will be considered. Pfizer anticipates awarding up to 5 grants and a total fund of USD $700,000.