The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
2023/2024 Global NASH ASPIRE* Competitive Grant Program
This competitive grant program is part of Pfizer's ongoing commitment to translate scientific discoveries into innovative medicines for patients with cardiovascular disease. It aims to support basic science, pre-clinical research, and clinical research that advances medical knowledge and clinical knowledge of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) pathophysiology, comorbidities associated with the disease and innovative approaches to diagnose, manage and treat NASH as well as support academic research development of promising emerging and established scientists around the globe.
The NASH ASPIRE program will evaluate submitted research proposals that cover areas in basic, clinical and translational sciences. Innovative, feasible, rigorous research proposals with the potential of high impact in advancing the learning about NASH will be prioritized.
Application submission deadline: January 4, 2024
Geographic Scope: Global
• Only organizations are eligible to receive grants, not individuals or medical practice groups.
• If the project involves multiple departments within an institution and/or between different institutions / organizations / associations. All institutions must have a relevant role and the requesting organization must have a key role in the project.
• The PI must have a medical or postdoctoral degree (MD, PhD, or equivalent), an advanced nursing degree (BSN with a MS/PhD), or a degree in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, or Social Work.
• The applicant must be the PI or an authorized designee of such individual (e.g., PI’s research coordinator).
• The PI must be an employee or independent contractor of the requesting organization.
• Requesting organization must be legally able to receive award funding directly from Pfizer Inc. We strongly recommend that applicants confirm this with their organization or institution prior to submitting an application. Grants awarded to organizations that are subsequently found to be unable to accept funding directly from Pfizer Inc. may be subject to rescission.
• Both early career and experienced investigators are encouraged to apply and consideration will be given to all proposals meeting the selection criteria.
Individual projects requesting up to USD $140,000 will be considered. Pfizer anticipates awarding up to 3 grants and a total fund of USD $420,000.