The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
AACR-MIRATI CANCER CHEMICAL BIOLOGY RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
The AACR-Mirati Cancer Chemical Biology Research Fellowship represents a joint effort to encourage and support postdoctoral or clinical research fellow to conduct chemical biology research directed at developing novel approaches to targeting the difficult-to-drug cancer drivers and to establish a successful career path in this field. The research proposed for funding should be basic or translational in nature.
This fellowship provides two-year grants of $120,000 to support the salary and benefits of the fellow while working on mentored chemical biology research. A partial amount of funds may be designated for non-personnel expenses, such as research/laboratory supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, and other research expenses.
Deadline: Jan. 27, 2022
At the start of the grant term on July 1, 2022, applicants must:
- Hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of application, and CANNOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- If the future position is at a different institution than the applicant’s current institution, the applicant must contact the AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration Department (AACR’s SRGA) at email@example.com before submitting their application for information on additional verification materials/signatures that may be required.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past five years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before July 1, 2017; the formal date of receipt of doctoral degree is the date the degree was conferred, as indicated on their diploma and/or transcript)Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency - whichever date is later - within the past five years.
- Work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.