The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
AACR-Waun Ki Hong Award for Outstanding Achievement in Cancer Research
The AACR has established this Award in recognition of extraordinary contributions of Waun Ki Hong, MD advances in cancer research, cancer care, and cancer prevention during his longstanding brilliant career as a physician-scientist. This award will recognize a worthy cancer researcher who has conducted highly meritorious translational and clinical cancer research anywhere in the world. The award will honor an outstanding researcher who has not yet reached 51 years of age at the time of the award presentation.
The recipient of the AACR-Waun Ki Hong Award for Outstanding Achievement in Translational and Clinical Cancer Research will receive an honorarium of $10,000. In addition, he or she will be provided support to attend the AACR Annual Meeting 2020 in San Diego, California and will be invited to give a 30-minute award lecture during the meeting.
Deadline: Aug. 1, 2019
- Candidacy is open to all cancer researchers who are affiliated with any institution involved in cancer research, cancer medicine, or cancer-related biomedical science anywhere in the world. Such institutions include those in academia, industry, or government.
- Candidates must have not yet reached 51 years of age at the time the award is received.
- The Award will be presented to an individual investigator.
- Institutions or organizations are not eligible for the Award.
- Selection of the Award winner will be made based on the candidates' achievements in translational and clinical cancer research. No regard will be given to race, gender, nationality, geographic location, or religious or political views.