The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Academy Film Scholars Program
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Through the Grants program, the Academy seeks to:
- Promote diversity
- Bridge the opportunity divide
- Attract and engage broad new audiences for theatrical motion pictures
- Provide a platform for underrepresented artists, the full range of film genres, and a variety of viewpoints and approaches
- Encourage filmmaking as a vocation
- Illuminate less visible aspects of filmmaking and the film industry through scholarly research, presentations and discussions
Academy Film Scholars grants fund:
- New English-language projects that address cultural, educational, historical, theoretical or scientific aspects of theatrical motion pictures
Deadline: Jan. 29, 2021
- Applicants must be established scholars, writers, historians or researchers possessing either a significant record of achievement, or exceptional promise and demonstrated accomplishments in his or her field.
- Applicants must have written and published at least one book of scholarship prior to applying.
- Each applicant must propose a new work in the English language encompassing some aspect of theatrical motion picture art, science, commerce, history or theory. Those examining elements of the film industry that have been underrepresented in the canon of film scholarship will be given priority. Works solely exploring television, video or other media arts are not eligible.
- Proposed works may be books, multimedia presentations, curatorial projects, interactive DVDs or Internet sites.
Arts & Humanities
January 29, 2021