The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Advancing the Science of Engagement PCORI Funding Announcement -- Cycle 1 2024
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) intends to release a PCORI Funding Announcement (PFA) on Jan. 9, 2024, seeking to fund studies that build an evidence base on engagement in research, including:
- Measures to capture structure/context, process and outcomes of engagement in research
- Techniques that lead to effective engagement in research
- How effective engagement techniques should be modified and resourced for different contexts, settings and communities to ensure equity in engagement and research
This preannouncement is provided to allow potential applicants additional time to identify collaborators; obtain patient, community and stakeholder input on potential studies; and create responsive, high-quality proposals. PCORI anticipates nine funding cycles for this initiative, with this cycle being the fifth. The focus of subsequent PFAs may be updated as the evidence base grows.
Deadline for Required Letter of Intent: Feb. 6, 2024
Areas of Interest
PCORI’s Science of Engagement PFA will solicit applications that focus on:
- Development and validation of measures to capture structure/context, process and outcomes of engagement, for both stakeholders and investigators
- Development and/or testing of engagement methods to generate evidence on the most effective approaches for engagement in research, particularly for underrepresented populations, and how effectiveness varies by context