The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
AGA-Elsevier Gut Microbiome Pilot Research Award
This research initiative grant for $25,000 for one year is offered to early stage and established investigators to support pilot research projects pertaining to the gut microbiome.
The objective of this award is to provide investigators non-salary funds to help establish their research careers or support pilot projects that represent new research directions. The intent of the award is to stimulate research into the relationship of the gut microbiota to digestive health and disease by providing time for investigators to obtain new data that can ultimately lead to subsequent grant applications for more substantial funding and duration.
Deadline: Jan. 12, 2018
- Candidates for this award must hold an MD, PhD or equivalent degree (e.g. MB, ChB, MBBS, DO) and a full-time faculty position at an accredited North American institution.
- Candidates research must be conducted at a North American institution.
- Candidates may not hold awards directly related to the proposed research from other agencies.
- AGA membership is required at the time of application submission. Please visit themembership page or call 301-654-2055, extension 651, for membership information.
- Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.