The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Agricultural Genome to Phenome Initiative
This notice identifies the objectives for the Agricultural Genomes to Phenomes Initiative (AG2PI) projects, deadlines, funding information, eligibility criteria for projects and applicants, and application forms and associated instructions. NIFA requests applications for the AG2PI for fiscal year (FY) 2023 that enable and support novel management and modeling tools for improved predictions and, therefore, selection of superior individuals or cultivars in genetic populations.
The intent of the AG2PI program is to support integration of diverse disciplines that can effectively harness the power of phenomics, genomics, engineering, genetic diversity, and data science for improving production, sustainability, and climate resiliency of crop and livestock species.
Deadline: June 1, 2023
Areas of Interest
The purposes of AG2PI are to:
1. Study agriculturally significant crops and animals in production environments to achieve sustainable and secure agricultural production;
2. Ensure that current gaps in existing knowledge of agricultural crop and animal genetics and phenomics are filled;
3. Identify and develop a functional understanding of agronomically relevant genes from crops and animals that are of importance to the agriculture sector of the United States;
4. Ensure future genetic improvement of crops and animals of importance to the agriculture sector of the United States;
5. Study the relevance of diverse germplasm as a source of unique genes that may be of importance in the future;
6. Enhance the available pool of genetic resources to reduce the economic impact of pathogens on crops and animals of importance to the agriculture sector of the United States; and
7. Disseminate findings to relevant audiences.
The Secretary may make grants under this subsection to: 1. State agricultural experiment stations; 2. colleges and universities; 3. university research foundations; 4. other research institutions and organizations; 5. Federal agencies; 6. national laboratories; 7. private organizations, foundations, or corporations; 8. individuals; or 9. any group consisting of two or more of the entities described in (1) through (8).
Duplicate or Multiple Submissions – submission of duplicate or predominantly overlapping applications is not allowed. NIFA will disqualify both applications if an applicant submits multiple applications that are duplicative or substantially overlapping to NIFA programs within the same fiscal year.
The amount available for the Agriculture Genome to Phenome Initiative (AG2PI) in FY 2023 is approximately $2,308,369. For FY 2023, this program will accept applications for standard integrated projects up to $1,100,000 (total, including indirect costs, not per year). Project periods for this program are limited to a maximum duration of five years for Integrated Projects and 1 year for Conference Grants. USDA is not committed to fund any application or to make a specific number of awards.