The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Air Force Research Laboratory, Materials & Manufacturing Directorate, Functional Materials and Applications (AFRL/RXA) Two-Step Open BAA
Air Force Research Laboratory, Materials & Manufacturing Directorate is soliciting white papers and potentially technical and cost proposals under this announcement that support the needs of the Functional Materials and Applications mission. Functional Materials technologies range from materials and scientific discovery through technology development and transition are of interest. Descriptors of Materials and Manufacturing Directorate technology interests are presented in the context of functional materials core technical competencies and applications.
White Papers may be submitted at any time upon issuance of this BAA until 18 April 2021.
Areas of Interest
a. Nanoelectronic Materials Core Competencies:
- (i) Agile Radio Frequency (RF) Electronic Materials (ARFEM) Research
- (ii) Integrated Photonics & Opto-electronic Materials & Processing (IPOM&P) Research
b. Soft Matter Materials Core Competencies:
- (i) Flexible Materials and Devices (FM&D) Research
- (ii) Biomaterials Materials and Processes (BM&P) Research
c. Photonic Materials Core Competencies:
- (i) Optical Materials and Processes (OM&P) Research
- (ii) Hardened Materials and Processing (HM&P) Research
- (iii) Photonic Materials Applied Research
d. Rapid Research and Development for Warfighter Needs Core Competency
- (i) Rapid Research and Development for Warfighter Needs
This is an unrestricted solicitation. Small businesses are encouraged to propose.
The Air Force anticipates awarding multiple awards for this announcement. Individual awards are anticipated to be in the range of $100,000 to $5,000,000 per contract. However, the Air Force reserves the right to award larger or smaller contracts or assistance instruments based upon the white papers received.