The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Air Superiority Technology Broad Agency Announcement
This is a BAA of the Air Force Research Laboratory, Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW) under the provisions of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) paragraph 6.102(d)(2), which provides for competitive selection of research proposals. Proposals submitted in response to the BAA that are selected for award are considered to be the results of full and open competition and in full compliance with the provisions of PL 98-369, the Competition in Contracting Act of 1984.
AFRL/RW awards to educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and private industry for research in armament technology. This BAA is intended to cover, in general nature, all research areas of interest to the Air Superiority Technology Portfolio. Offerors contemplating a submission to AFRL/RWPI are strongly encouraged to contact the AFRL/RWPI technical Point of Contact (POC) for the research area to ascertain the extent of interest AFRL/RWPI may have in a specific research project.
AFRL/RW is the primary Air Force organization concerned with conventional munitions technology development. AFRL/RW plans and executes research, development, and test of conventional munitions, and supports conventional munitions Weapons Program Offices. There are three divisions within the Munitions Directorate that conduct research and Development (R&D). They are the Ordnance Division, the Strategic Planning and Integration Division, and the Weapon Engagement Sciences Division. This BAA provides specifically for the Strategic Planning and Integration Division, Air Superiority Portfolio.
This BAA is set up in two parts: (1) Basic Open BAA, in which white papers may be submitted at any time during the open period, and (2) CALL BAA, in which proposal CALL announcements may be issued by the Government in FedBizOpps or Grants.gov under FA8651-20-S-0008. This BAA is intended to cover Applied Research, Advanced Technology Development and Advanced Component Development & Prototypes. This BAA does NOT cover Basic Research. For white papers, it is recommended prior to submission, each submitter consult with the technical POC to discuss the topic of interest.
This BAA will remain open through 31 October 2024 or until amended or superseded. It may be reissued and/or amended periodically, as needed.
Areas of Interest
- RESEARCH AREA 1 – MODELING, SIMULATION, & ANALYSIS (MS&A)
- RESEARCH AREA 2 – INNOVATIVE AIRCRAFT INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 3 –FIND-FIX-TARGET-TRACK (F2T2) & DATALINK TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 4 – ENGAGEMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 5 – HIGH VELOCITY FUZING
- RESEARCH AREA 6 – MISSILE ELECTRONICS
- RESEARCH AREA 7 – MISSILE GUIDANCE AND CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 8 – ADVANCED WARHEAD TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 9 – ADVANCED MISSILE PROPULSION TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 10 – CONTROL ACTUATION SYSTEMS
- RESEARCH AREA 11 – MISSILE CARRIAGE AND RELEASE TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 12 – MISSILE TEST AND EVALUATION TECHNOLOGIES