The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Partnership -- Engagement and Stewardship FY2021 Request for Proposals
The Albemarle-Pamlico National Estuary Partnership (APNEP) is accepting project proposals through July 30th 2021 for environmental projects that increase citizen stewardship, volunteerism, and environmental literacy within the Albemarle-Pamlico region. Up to a total of $40,000 in funds may be awarded to two or more projects, not to exceed $20,000 each. Projects will be funded for one year and may be funded for up to three years, contingent on availability of APNEP funds and current program priorities.
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Areas of Interest
- Water Quality,
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation,
- Coastal Habitats
- Increasing Resiliency
- State, Tribal, and local governments (including Councils of Government) Note: federal agencies do not qualify for funding, although they can be partners on funded projects.
- Interstate and intrastate agencies
- Public and private nonprofit organizations and institutions
- Public and independent K-12 schools, and higher education institutions
APNEP accepts proposals only for projects or initiatives that take place within or primarily impact areas within the APNEP management boundary in North Carolina and Virginia, and which assist in implementing at least one of the APNEP Engagement and Stewardship Team’s four Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) Actions. The CCMP is a long-term plan that contains specific targeted actions to address a wide range of environmental issues in the Albemarle-Pamlico region, including education, engagement, and stewardship needs.