The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
American-Made Solar Prize Round 7
The American-Made Solar Prize is a multimillion-dollar prize competition designed to energize U.S. solar innovation through a series of contests that accelerate the entrepreneurial process from years to months.
Competitors leverage the American-Made Network, our innovation engine of more than 250 organizations, including world-class experts at the U.S. Department of Energy’s 17 national labs, clean tech accelerators, incubators, universities, facilities, and more.
The Solar Prize encourages the rapid development of innovative solar energy solutions capable of addressing the tough challenges facing the solar industry. Competitors participate in three progressive prize competitions: the Ready!, Set!, and Go! Contests.
The deadline to apply for the Ready Contest is September 27, 2023.
Anyone with a big idea for solar can participate in the Solar Prize.
Competitors are entrepreneurial individuals or teams legally residing or based in the United States. Competitors can be individuals of one or multiple organizations, students, university faculty members, small business owners, researchers, or anyone with the desire and drive to transform an idea into an impactful solution.
- Ready! Contest: 20 winners, $50,000 each. Competitors will pitch an innovative solution that addresses a critical need in the solar industry and identify market demand for it.
- Set! Contest: 10 winners, $100,000 in cash prizes and $75,000 in vouchers each. Teams advancing to the Set! Contest will design a hardware proof of concept or a minimum viable software product.
- Go! Contest: 2 winners, $500,000 in cash prizes and $75,000 in vouchers each. Selected competitors will develop early-stage hardware prototypes for industry testing or customer-validated software products.
- JEDI Contest (Optional): $200,000 in total cash prizes distributed to up to 10 Ready! finalists, up to 5 Set! semifinalists, and up to 2 Go! Competitors.
- Power-Up Contest: $100,000 in total cash prizes distributed to up to 10 new and diverse entrants to the solar industry with promising ideas that were not selected as Ready! Contest winners.
Competitors who opt into the JEDI Contest will describe how their solution addresses solar market barriers faced by underserved communities and work to substantially advance their approach towards JEDI goals as they progress through the Ready!, Set!, and Go! Contests.