The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
American Roentgen Ray Society Scholarship
The ARRS Scholarship supports early-career faculty members in study/research in the radiologic sciences that has the possibility of changing the way radiology is practiced. The recognition and financial support aim to advance the early-career scholar professionally and to help prepare them for positions of leadership.
Only one candidate per department per institution is eligible to apply each year.
Deadline: October 5, 2020
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- ARRS member at the time the application is submitted and for the duration of the award
- Earned MD or DO (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Completion of all required residency and fellowship training
- Hold a full-time faculty appointment as a lecturer, instructor, assistant professor, or equivalent for no more than five years beyond initial faculty appointment. The appointment must be in a department of radiology, nuclear medicine, or an associated department in the radiologic sciences of a medical school teaching hospital in the United States or Canada.
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent
- Support from their Department Chair indicated in a letter of nomination with a commitment of a minimum of 50% of the nominee's time for the two-year program.
Only one candidate per department per institution is eligible to be nominated each year.