The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
ATS/GSK Research Grant in COVID-19
The focus of this research grant is proposals that have a high likelihood to advance the understanding of the pathobiology and clinical implications of COVID-19. Applications should address the following types of clinical, basic, translational, and population health questions:
- Increased understanding of the basic biology of respiratory viruses that could lead to better treatment and prevention of COVID-19
- Understanding host factors that alter response to respiratory viral infections
- Understanding individual, regional, or social factors impacting community spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses
- Epidemiological approaches to understanding the spread of SARS-CoV2 and other respiratory viruses
Applicants may request up to $50,000 for one year for salaries, supplies, or a combination of these two. A one-year no-cost extension may be requested following the end of the project period. Indirect costs will not be paid to the sponsoring institution. Open to international and US applicants.
Deadline: June 23, 2020
Assistant Professors conducting research directly related to COVID-19
• Assistant Professor or equivalent
• Must meet eligibility requirements for all ATS grants found here