The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Balzan Prizes -- Nominations Requested
The Balzan Prize’s aim is to foster culture, the sciences and the most meritorious initiatives in the cause of humanity, peace, and fraternity among peoples throughout the world.
The Prizes are awarded in the subject areas:
- literature, moral sciences, and the arts;
- physical, mathematical, and natural sciences, and medicine;
- humanities, peace, and fraternity among peoples.
The four subject areas, two in literature, the moral sciences, and the arts, and two in the physical, mathematical, and natural sciences, and medicine, change every year. No more than four prizes may be awarded in any one year.
Nominations must reach the General Prize Committee by March 15.
Areas of Interest
The General Prize Committee announced that the 2023 Balzan Prizes will be awarded in the following fields:
- World Literature
- Evolution of Humankind: Paleoanthropology
- Evolution of Humankind: Ancient DNA and Human Evolution
- High resolution images: from planetary to cosmic objects
750,000 Swiss francs