The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Benet Laboratories Broad Agency Announcement for Basic and Applied Scientific Research for Fiscal Years 2011 through 2016
BL has a long-standing mission in the development of cannon and other component technologies. These weapon systems and components are now in use in several active theaters. In support of this long-standing mission and the Army’s Brigade Combat Team (BCT) Modernization Initiative, BL is interested in technologies that will extend the life, enhance lethality, reduce weight, lessen the logistical burden, reduce the signature of these systems, and cost reductions. The USACC - Picatinny, BLCC solicits proposals for the following: (1) manufacturing and fabricating components for weapon systems; (2) modeling, simulation, design, manufacturing, and field support of components for weapon systems; and (3) other approaches, technologies, planning, scheduling etc. which may not be explicitly mentioned but which help provide our Nation’s leadership with versatile ground force capabilities with applicability across the spectrum of operations, and with the institutional agility to both anticipate emerging challenges and the ability to rapidly adapt.
This BAA is a continuously open announcement valid throughout the period from the date of issuance through 31 July 2016.
Areas of Interest
Research Topic Areas
- RESEARCH AREA 1 NEW MATERIALS FOR WEAPON SYSTEMS
- RESEARCH AREA 2 NEW MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 3 COMPUTATIONAL SIMULATIONS AND ADVANCED COMPUTING
- RESEARCH AREA 4 ADVANCED DESIGN METHODOLOGIES
- RESEARCH AREA 5 NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR SUSTAINMENT, SYSTEMS HEALTH MONITORING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT IN SUPPORT OF DEFENSE SYSTEMS
- RESEARCH AREA 6 RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY FOR SUSTAINABLE ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT PROGRAMS
- RESEARCH AREA 7 TECHNOLOGY EXPLOITATION
Previous experiences show that the average award amount may vary for a 3 year agreement on average from $150,000.00 - $3,000,000.00/year.