The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
BJA FY 23 National Training and Technical Assistance: Capital Case Litigation Initiative
Through this opportunity, the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) seeks applications to provide training and technical assistance (TTA) to judges who preside over state capital cases.
This program focuses on ensuring quality representation and fair and impartial proceedings in capital cases. With this particular solicitation, BJA seeks to ensure judges have the most up-to-date and comprehensive information available to them on death penalty law by providing high quality TTA on legal issues they may face when presiding over capital cases.
Deadline: May 8, 2023
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and state controlled institutions of higher education
- Other public or nonprofit organizations, for-profit entities that agree to forego any profit or management fees, and institutions of higher education that have experience and expertise in overseeing capital cases and providing training on death penalty cases.
- Applicants should also have experience in delivering TTA nationwide.