The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Call for Research Proposals -- Research in Congenital Heart Disease
The Children’s Heart Foundation is the leading charitable organization dedicated to funding congenital heart defect (CHD) research.
CHF seeks to fund life-saving, life-changing CHD research in clinical cardiology, basic science, population science, and advancement of surgical/interventional techniques, including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Devices and procedural research (cardiac catheterization and surgery)
- Neurodevelopmental and functional outcomes
- Quality and policy regarding delivery of care, coverage, and access
- Maternal environment and modifiable disease impact on fetuses with CHD
- Fetal diagnosis and intervention
- Long-term care of adults with CHDs
- Technological development and advancements
Simultaneously, The Children's Heart Foundation is also issuing an RFA focusing on the evaluation and management of children and adults with Fontan physiology. Supported by generous funding from Cortney Barnett, her family, and their many supporters. The Cortney Barnett Research Award will support research intended to prolong longevity and improve quality of life in patients who have undergone the Fontan procedure.
The Szymczak Family Research Award: The Children's Heart Foundation is issuing an RFA focusing on the evaluation and management of children with single ventricle heart defects. Supported by generous funding from the Szymczak family and their many supporters, The Szymczak Family Research Award will support late translational and clinical research projects focusing on improving lifespan and quality of life for patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and other single ventricle heart defects.
- Required LOI Due: May 15, 2023
- Invited Full Application Deadline: Sep. 7, 2023