The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Cancer Immunologic Data Commons (CIDC) (U24) -- Deadline Extended
The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to solicit applications for establishment of a Cancer Immunologic Data Commons (CIDC) to provide bioinformatics support as part of a Network for correlative studies in clinical trials involving cancer immunotherapy. The Network will encompass a single CIDC award (to be supported by this FOA) and up to three Cancer Immune Monitoring and Analysis Centers (CIMACs) (to be supported by a companion FOA, RFA-CA-17-005).
The goal of the CIMACs-CIDC Network is to enable systematic incorporation of biomarker studies in NCI-supported early clinical trials for immunotherapy. CIMACs will be responsible for comprehensive analyses of biospecimens from patients for biomarkers relevant to genomic, phenotypic, and functional aspects of responses to immunotherapy. CIDC will serve the bioinformatics needs of the Network, including collection, integration, access, and analysis of data generated from CIMACs. The CIDC will also contribute to the long-term goal of creating publically accessible Data Commons for cancer immune profiling as well as clinical data that will allow integrated analysis across trials and access by the larger immuno-oncology research community.
Specifically, the CIDC will be expected to:
- Adopt or develop data collection standards and database modules for key assay platforms for tumor- and immune-profiling. This will be done in collaboration with CIMACs.
- Establish database for collection and management of biomarker and associated clinical data generated from CIMACs.
- Provide and maintain bioinformatics tools for data access and multi-dimensional analysis within and across trials in the CIMACs.
- Facilitate regulated data sharing and access by outside investigators and research community, as appropriate and consistent with achieving the goals of the program.
The long term goal of the CIMACs-CIDC Network is to develop molecular signatures that define immune response categories to correlate with the clinical outcomes of immunotherapy in cancer. Collectively, the outcome of the Network research should lead to the identification of biomarkers with a translational potential for optimizing the therapeutic strategies for patients.
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date
- Application Due Date(s): New Date: March 17, 2017
RFA-CA-17-006 Expiration Date New Date March 18, 2017 per issuance of NOT-CA-17-020. (Original Expiration Date: March 4, 2017)
Budget is limited to no more than $650K in direct costs for any budget year.
The total project period for an application submitted in response to this FOA may not exceed 5 years.