The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
CDC Coronavirus Response Fellowship
A research opportunity is currently available with the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. CSTLTS seeks to foster deeper engagement between CDC senior leaders and public health leadership from the U.S. territories and freely- associated states.
Under the guidance of a mentor, the participant will be involved in the following activities:
- Contribute to the development of a system to monitor the progress of Coronavirus/COVID-19 response recovery efforts, including coordinating with multidisciplinary stakeholders including local public health jurisdictions, federal officials from various government agencies, and non-governmental partners
- Systematically evaluate the progress of recovery efforts and participate in the presentation of such evaluation results at an interdisciplinary stakeholder summit planned for Summer 2020
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs to prevent disease
- Provide a basis for epidemiologic research
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Areas of Interest
- Communications and Graphics Design
- Life Health and Medical Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
The qualified candidate should be currently pursuing or have received a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree in one of the relevant fields. Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date.