The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Collaborative Pediatric Cancer Research Awards
Rally funds pediatric cancer research in the following areas:
- Innovative approaches to research which could lead to advanced studies or clinical trials.
- Basic science studies that are likely to lead to a new discovery.
- Personalized, targeted, alternative or integrative research proposals.
- Under-studied cancer types.
- Quality of life, survivorship and palliative care studies.
- Data utilization through data standardization, collection, storage, analysis and sharing.
Postdoctoral and Clinical Research Fellow Grant – Grants are up to $50,000 per year for one or two years of support. Fellows in the last year of their fellowship are only eligible for a one-year grant and may apply through the Independent Investigator Grant the following grant cycle. The Collaborative Organizations have an interest in funding Postdoctoral and Clinical Research Fellows. A portion of available funds are reserved for Fellow Grants contingent on scores received.
Independent Investigator Grant – Grants are up to $50,000 per year for one or two years of support. Researchers under this award identify as either a Young Investigator or an Independent Investigator. Young Investigators are no more than five years post fellowship. The Collaborative Organizations have an interest in funding Young Investigators. A portion of available funds are reserved for Young Investigators contingent on scores received.
Consortium Grant – Grants are up to $100,000 per year for one or two years of support. Consortiums are three or more institutions collaborating on a grant-supported research project.
Outside the Box Grant – Grants are for one year of support. At the end of the award, researchers may apply for additional funding in the next grant cycle through a Fellow, Independent Investigator or Consortium Grant, as appropriate. Each grant will be awarded $50,000 for one year.
Fellow, Independent Investigator and Consortium Grants
Letter of Intent
August 14, 2023
Due September 22, 2023 at 3:30 PM EST
Full Application (Invitation only)
November 6, 2023
Due January 8, 2024 at 3:30 PM EST
- Fellows, Research Scientists, Instructors and Professors with MD, DO, PharmD and/or PhD degrees.