The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Conducting Public Health Research in Kenya
The purpose of this cooperative agreement is to conduct and monitor epidemiologic, clinical, and laboratory based studies of important human diseases in Kenya including but not limited to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases; sexually-transmitted, zoonotic, vector, respiratory, hepatic and gastro-enteric diseases; acute febrile illness; epidemic-prone diseases, and vaccine-preventable diseases. Also included are environmental health issues, neglected tropical diseases, maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases, birth defects and developmental disabilities, bio-safety, and injury control and prevention.
Only one application per institution is allowed
- Duke Internal Deadline: February 4, 2016
- Letter of Intent: Feb. 26, 2016
- Application: Mar. 28, 2016
Areas of Interest
- Component A - DIVISION OF GLOBAL HEALTH PROTECTION (DGHP) : Priority diseases include causes of respiratory, gastro-enteric disease, febrile illness, hepatitis, zoonotic and arboviral infections. Non-communicable disease priorities are injuries at home and vehicular, cancer, cardiovascular disease
- Component B – INFLUENZA DIVISION
- Component C. - DIVISION OF HIV/AIDS PREVENTION (DHAP)
- Component D. DIVISION OF PARASITIC DISEASES AND MALARIA (DPDM)
- Component E - DIVISION OF GLOBAL HIV/AIDS and TUBERCULOSIS (DGHT)
- Component F - GLOBAL IMMUNIZATION DIVISION (GID)
A pre-application conference call will be held to provide details of this FOA and the application submission process. Call-in information for this conference call is as follows:
Date: February 11, 2016 at 8am EST
Phone Number: +877-505-1646 Toll Free OR +1-210-406-1255 Toll
Participant Passcode: 65098796
*Component A: $7,000,000 – up to 3 awards
*Component B: $4,000,000 – up to 3 awards
*Component C: $1,500,000 – up to 2 awards
*Component D: Part 1 - $5,200,000 – up to 3 awards; Part 2 - $200,000 – 1 award
*Component E: $750,000 – 1 award Component
*Component F: $1,500,000 - up to 3 awards
Owing to the sponsor's restriction on the number of applications that may be submitted from Duke, anyone wishing to pursue nomination should submit the following materials as one PDF via the upload feature on the ORS website.
* A letter of support from dean/chair - 1 to 1.5 pages
* Project summary - 2 pages
The above materials should be compiled (in the order listed above) into one PDF file.
Go to My Research Proposal to upload your file: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=ApVvmgXCk2Uj7AzWyDEJKQ2
If you have not already set up an account there, instructions for setting up your account and uploading internal applications can be found here: https://ors.duke.edu/sites/default/files/Applicant Instructions_FINAL.pdf