The FY23 PCRP Idea Development Award is intended to support new ideas that represent innovative approaches to prostate cancer research and have the potential to make an important contribution to the PCRP Mission. The key components of this award mechanism are:
• Innovation: Research deemed innovative may represent a new paradigm, challenge current paradigms, look at existing problems from new perspectives, leverage unique study populations, or exhibit other highly creative qualities. Research that is an incremental advance upon published data is not considered innovative. Projects involving multidisciplinary and/or data science approaches are especially encouraged.
• Impact: Applications are required to address and provide a solution to one or more of the FY23 PCRP Overarching Challenges. The potential impact of the research, both short-term and long-term, in addressing the FY23 PCRP Overarching Challenge(s) should be clearly described. High-impact research will, if successful, significantly advance prostate cancer research and/or patient care.
• Preliminary Data: Due to this award’s emphasis on innovation, the presentation of preliminary data relevant to prostate cancer and the proposed project is encouraged, but not required. Any unpublished, preliminary data provided should originate from the laboratory of the Principal Investigator (PI) or a member(s) of the research team. Regardless of whether preliminary data are included, applications should be based on a sound scientific rationale that is established through logical reasoning and/or critical review and analysis of the literature.
• Required Pre-Application Deadline: June 29, 2023
• Application Submission Deadline: July 20, 2023