To be considered for funding, applications for the FY23 OCRP Investigator-Initiated Research Award must address a critical component of at least one of the Areas of Emphasis listed below, unless adequate justification for exception is provided.*
• Understand the basic biology and etiology of ovarian cancer initiation, progression, metastasis, recurrence, genetics, proteogenomic, and other critical events
• Develop novel therapeutic strategies for treatment and prevention
• Identify and develop new strategies for screening, early-stage detection, accurate diagnosis and prognosis
• Identify and implement strategies to improve survivorship and quality of life
• Address health disparities
• Improve precision medicine
*Alternatively, with adequate justification, applications may identify and address another area of importance related to the mission of OCRP, as stated above. Justification must be provided in the application.
An eligible PI, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, or citizenship status, must be employed by or affiliated with an eligible organization.
The anticipated direct costs budgeted for the entire period of performance for an OCRP Investigator-Initiated Research Award should not exceed $600,000 with a single PI or $800,000 with a Partnering PI. Refer to Section II.D.5, Funding Restrictions, for detailed funding information.