The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs -- Vision Research Program -- Focused Translational Team Science Award
The FY20 VRP FTTSA is intended to support a highly collaborative and translational team initiative that will fundamentally advance the understanding and treatment of eye injury and/or visual dysfunction that result from a military-relevant traumatic event (e.g., blast, blunt, thermal, chemical, directed energy trauma).
• Required Pre-Application Submission Deadline: July 28, 2020
• Application Submission Deadline: November 18, 2020
Areas of Interest
To meet the intent of the award mechanism, applications to the FY20 VRP Focused Translational Team Science Award (FTTSA) must address research in one or more of the following Focus Areas:
- Eye injury or visual dysfunction as related to a military-relevant traumatic event. Examples of military-relevant trauma may include, but are not limited to: ○ Blast, penetrating, blunt, thermal, or chemical trauma ○ Trauma caused by directed energy weapons such as laser, high-power microwaves, and particle beams
- Diagnosis, stabilization, and treatment of eye injuries in austere environments and prolonged field care settings
- Restoration of visual function after trauma-related vision loss or severe visual impairment
The overall lead PI must be an independent investigator at or above the level of Associate Professor (or equivalent). The overall lead PI is required to devote a minimum of 20% effort to this award. Each investigator may be named on only one FTTSA application as the overall lead PI.
The anticipated direct costs budgeted for the entire period of performance for an FY20 VRP FTTSA will not exceed $5,000,000. Refer to Section II.D.5, Funding Restrictions, for detailed funding information.