The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs -- Vision Research Program -- Translational Research Award
The FY23 VRP TRA is intended to support translational research that moves promising discoveries into clinical applications that will advance the prevention, diagnosis, mitigation, and/or treatment of eye injury or visual dysfunction associated with military exposure.
Successful applications to the FY23 VRP TRA should establish a clear path to transforming a promising discovery into new drugs, devices, or clinical practice guidelines that are ready for definitive testing in clinical trials. For new drug or device development, the investigative team should include at least one collaborator with expertise in the regulatory approval process.
• Required Pre-Application Submission Deadline: July 14, 2023
• Application Submission Deadline: November 8, 2023
Areas of Interest
To meet the intent of the award mechanism, applications to the FY23 VRP Translational Research Award (TRA) must address research in one or more of the following Focus Areas:
• Understanding and treatment of eye injury or visual dysfunction as related to military exposure.
• Diagnosis, stabilization, and treatment of eye injuries in austere environments and prolonged field care settings
• Restoration of visual function after military exposure-related vision loss or severe visual impairment
Independent investigator at all academic levels (or equivalent) may be named by the organization as the Principal Investigator (PI) on the application. An eligible PI, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, or citizenship status, must be employed by or affiliated with an eligible organization.
The anticipated direct costs budgeted for the entire period of performance for an FY23 VRP TRA should not exceed $1M. Refer to Section II.D.5, Funding Restrictions, for detailed funding information.