The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Conquer Cancer Foundation -- Advanced Clinical Research Award (ACRA) in Breast Cancer
The Advanced Clinical Research Award (ACRA) is a topic-specific competition designed to support physician-scientists committed to performing original, clinical cancer research in an area not currently funded. This research must have a patient-oriented focus, including a clinical research study and/or translational research involving human subjects. The ACRA is a three-year grant totaling $450,000 to pay for personnel and/or research expenses, and travel to attend the CCF Grants and Awards Ceremony at the ASCO Annual Meeting.
Past ACRA topics have included:
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hematological Malignancies
- Lung cancer
The number of ACRA grants in each funding cycle is not predetermined by the Conquer Cancer Foundation. Awards are given based on individual merit and availability of funds.
Deadline: Oct. 2, 2017
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Advanced Clinical Research Award:
- Be a physician (MD, DO, or international equivalent) working in any country
- Be in the fourth to ninth year of a full-time, primary faculty appointment in a clinical department at an academic medical institution at the time of grant submission.
- Have completed productive post-doctoral/post fellowship research and demonstrated the ability to undertake independent investigator-initiated clinical research.
- Be an ASCO member (Full Member or International Corresponding Member) or have submitted a membership application with the grant application.
- Be able to commit 75% of full-time effort in research (applies to total research, not just the proposed project) during the award period.