The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Consortium on Translational Research in Early Detection of Liver Cancer: Data Management and Coordinating Center (U24)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is a part of an initiative designed to establish a Liver Cancer Consortium to advance translational research focused on early detection of liver cancer. The Consortium will consist of a Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC, to be supported by this U24 FOA) and several Translational Research Centers (TRCs, to be supported by the companion U01 FOA, RFA-CA-17-025).
The TRCs will conduct studies to improve the surveillance of liver cancer in high-risk populations, increase the fraction of liver cancer detected at an early stage, and better stratify patients at risk of developing liver cancer.
The DMCC will support the TRCs and coordinate trans-Consortium activities with the following specific responsibilities:
(1) Overall administrative and logistical coordination for the Liver Cancer Consortium;
(2) Support for Consortium collaborative research studies and biospecimen collections, including protocol development, data processing, statistical support, and computational analysis; and
(3) Consortium data management, including developing and maintaining an integrated database of research data generated by the consortium, as well as management of all data relevant to biospecimens used in TRC studies (including clinical data annotations, and specimen usage tracking).
To achieve these goals, the DMCC is expected to provide multi-disciplinary expertise in liver cancer research, biomarkers for cancer detection, biostatistics, bioinformatics, and the information technology infrastructure to support data management for the Consortium.
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date
- Application Due Date(s): October 24, 2017
RFA-CA-17-028 Expiration Date October 25, 2017
Application budgets should not exceed $400,000 in direct costs and need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
A project period of up to five years may be requested.