is compiled and published solely as an informational service to Duke
researchers, scholars, and staff.
American Society of Hematology - Scholar Awards
The ASH Scholar Awards are designed to support hematologists who have chosen a career in research by providing partial salary or other support during that critical period required for completion of training and achievement of status as an independent investigator.
Deadline for Letters of Intent: May 1, 2014
The official announcement and description of this opportunity may
be found on the funding agency's website:
Areas of Interest:
Basic Research: ASH considers basic research to include a broad spectrum of studies on genes, proteins, lipids, carbohydrates, biochemical and signaling pathways, receptors, cells and animals, as well as samples obtained from humans, all of which are designed to further our understanding of the blood, bone marrow, and related organs or the pathogenesis of blood disorders. The emphasis for grants in this category should be on the discovery of new knowledge in a traditional laboratory setting.
Clinical/Translational Research: ASH considers clinical/translational research to include translational research, patient-oriented research, and outcomes-based research. ASH emphasizes that clinical/translational research must involve substantial interaction with patients.
Medical - Basic Science; Medical - Clinical Science; Medical - Translational.
Fellow Scholar Awards
- PhD or MD/PhD applicants must have fewer than 5 years of research experience after completion of their PhD (including research performed during fellowship, but excluding clinical fellowship time)
- MD applicants should have more than 3 but fewer than 5 years of research experience (including research performed during fellowship, but excluding clinical fellowship time)
- MD applicants with fewer than 3 years research experience (inclusive of fellowship research time) should consider applying for the Senior RTAF award
- Applicants with the title of Assistant Professor or equivalent *must* apply for the Junior Faculty Award, regardless of research experience
Junior Faculty Scholar Awards
- MD, PhD or MD/PhD applicants must have more than 5 but fewer than 10 years of research experience after completion of their PhD (including research performed during fellowship, but excluding clinical fellowship time)
Applicants with the title of Assistant Professor or equivalent *must* apply for the Junior Faculty Award, regardless of research experience.
Awards are limited to a maximum of $100,000 for fellow scholars and $150,000 for junior faculty scholars over a two- to three-year period, with an annual maximum of $50,000 for fellows and $75,000 for junior faculty. Up to 15 percent of the award can be (but is not required to be) used for benefits, including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
External Deadline: 5/1/2014
|Note: For Duke researchers, scholars, and staff.
Duke University is served by two pre-award offices. The
Office of Research Support assists Campus Schools and Centers. The
Office of Research Administration supports the School of Medicine and
the School of Nursing in Duke University Medical Center.
|The Office of Research Administration -
For School of Medicine and School of Nursing
|The Office of Research Support -
For Campus Schools and Centers
|The Office of Research Administration must review all Duke University Medical Center applications for the School of Medicine and School of Nursing prior to submission to the sponsor. Business proposals are due at the ORA offices seven (7) business days in advance of the sponsor deadline.
||The Office of Research Support must review all Duke University applications for Campus Schools and Centers prior to submission to the sponsor. Business proposals are due at the ORS offices five (5) business days in advance of sponsor the deadline.
|The Office of Research Administration
Duke University Medical Center
Suite 802, Erwin Square
2200 West Main Street
Durham, NC 27705
|The Office of Research Support
Suite 710 Erwin Square
2200 West. Main Street
Durham, NC 27705
Report outdated summary information to email@example.com
Last updated 3/11/2014