The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Fellowship Training Award
The purpose of this award is to help ensure an adequate supply of (a) rheumatology providers meeting the needs of children and adults with rheumatic diseases in all areas of the country and (b) rheumatology educators and investigators to train future clinicians and advance research in rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases. The Fellowship Training Award may be used to support the salary of any fellow in an ACGME-accredited rheumatology fellowship training program.
Annually, one Fellowship Training Award will be designated as a Paula de Merieux Fellowship Training Award. Established with a generous commitment by Paula de Merieux, MD, FRCP, this award designation supports a trainee from a racial and ethnic population that is underrepresented in the medical profession or is a woman.
Deadline: June 1, 2023
- Applicant (Program Director) must be an ACR or ARP member at the time of submission and for the duration of the award.
- Only Program Directors at ACGME-accredited institutions in good standing may apply.
- The rheumatology fellowship training Program Director at the institution will be responsible for the overall direction, management and administration of the program.
- By submitting an application, the Program Director and sponsoring institution agree funds will be used ONLY for salary support of a fellow in their first or second year (or third year fellow in pediatric rheumatology).
- Multiple applications from a single institution will not be permitted unless they are for separate training programs (e.g., adult and pediatric rheumatology).
- Programs may not apply for the Fellowship Training Award and the Fellowship Training Award for Workforce Expansion within the same application cycle.
- Programs may not be active recipients of the Fellowship Training Award and the Fellowship Training Award for Workforce Expansion at the same time.
- There are no citizenship restrictions for supported fellows.
$100,000 for adult programs; $150,000 for pediatric programs
2 years for adult programs; 3 years for pediatric programs
2012 - Criscione-Schreiber, Lisa G., Rheumatology and Immunology