The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Fellowships & Early Career Awards
The Parkinson's Foundation offers several different grants to encourage young scientists, clinicians, and students to devote their talents to the study of Parkinson's disease (PD):
- Launch Award: four-year, two-stage award for outstanding postdoctoral researchers that will enable them to complete needed mentored training and transition promptly to independent research careers in PD. LOI Due: November 16, 2021
- Postdoctoral Fellowships: two-year fellowships for young scientists fresh from their Ph.D. training or neurology residencies. LOI Due: November 16, 2021
- Visiting Scholar Awards: $4,000 stipend to support the travel and housing of scholar while visiting a host laboratory to learn new techniques that will benefit their Parkinson's research. Application Due: December 8, 2021
- Summer Student Fellowships: fellowships for 10 weeks of clinical or laboratory work with a $4,000 award. Application Due: December 8, 2021
- Melvin Yahr Early Career Award in Movement Disorders Research: award created in honor of Dr. Melvin Yahr to support neurologists after residency.
- Partnership Awards: collaborative partnerships supporting top clinician-scientist training, patient-oriented PD research and medical student PD studies.
- Nurse Faculty Award: seed grant funding intended to support Edmond J. Safra Visiting Nurse Scholars (alumni of the “VNF”).
- Physical Therapy Faculty Award: seed grant funding intended to support Physical Therapy Faculty alumni. Apply September 10 – October 22, 2021.
Areas of Interest
Post Doctoral Fellows
Environmental & Life Sciences
Medical - Basic Science
Medical - Clinical Science
Medical - Translational
October 22, 2021