The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Fiscal Year 2022 Vehicle Technologies Office Program Wide Funding Opportunity Announcement
This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) seeks research projects to address priorities in the following areas: the cost-effective deployment of EV charging for those without easy home charging; innovative solutions to improve mobility options for underserved communities; community engagement to accelerate clean transportation options in underserved communities; batteries and electrification; materials technologies; energy-efficient commercial off-road vehicle technologies; medium/heavy duty vehicle corridor charging and advanced engine and fuel technologies to improve fuel economy and reduce GHG emissions.
- Required Concept Papers: Aug. 25, 2022
- Full Applications: Nov. 10, 2022
Areas of Interest
- Battery and Electrification
- Electric Drive System Innovations
- Non-Road Electric Vehicle Charging Concepts
- Materials Technology
- Powertrain Materials for Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- Multi-Functional Material and Structures Research and Development
- Decarbonization of Off-Road, Rail and Marine Technologies
- Natural Gas Engine Demonstration for Non-Road, Including Off-Road, Rail and Marine Applications
- Low-GHG Concepts for Off-Road Vehicles and Equipment
- Advanced Opposed Piston 2-Stroke (OP2S) Hydrogen Combustion Architecture for Heavy-Duty Transportation, Including On-Road and Non-Road (Off-Road, Rail and Marine) Applications
- Demonstration of Dimethyl Ether Medium-Duty Engine for Non-Road Applications
- Energy Efficient Mobility Systems
- Clean Energy Mobility Solutions for Underserved Communities
- Technology Integration
- No Home Charging: Multi-Family Housing Innovative Demonstrations, Technical Assistance and Best Practices
- No Home Charging: Electric Vehicle Charging for Overnight Parking
- Community Engagement, Outreach, Technical Assistance, and Training in Underserved Communities
- Community-Driven Electric Vehicle Charging Deployment in Underserved Communities
- Innovative Medium- and Heavy-Duty EV Charging and Hydrogen Regional Fueling Corridor Infrastructure Plans
- Addressing Critical Training Needs for Transportation Decarbonization
- Demonstration and Deployment – Open Topic
- Transportation Energy Analysis
An entity may submit more than one Concept Paper and Full Application to this FOA, provided that each application describes a unique, scientifically distinct project and provided that an eligible Concept Paper was submitted for each Full Application.
EERE expects to make a total of approximately $95,700,000 of federal funding available for new awards under this FOA, subject to the availability of appropriated funds. EERE anticipates making approximately 40 to 82 awards under this FOA. EERE may issue one, multiple, or no awards. Individual awards may vary between $300,000 and $7,500,000.