The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Fiscal Year 2023 Scientific Infrastructure Support for Consolidated Innovative Nuclear Research
The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Nuclear Energy (NE) provides funding to support crosscutting nuclear energy research and development (R&D) and associated infrastructure support activities to develop innovative technologies that offer the promise of dramatically improved performance for advanced reactors and fuel cycle concepts, while maximizing the use of DOE resources and the sustainability of the existing light water reactor fleet.
The development of nuclear energy-related infrastructure and basic capabilities in the research community is necessary to promote R&D that supports nuclear science and engineering (NS&E), DOE-NE’s mission, and the Nation’s nuclear energy challenges. Accordingly, DOE intends to facilitate the education and training of nuclear scientists, engineers, and policy-makers through graduate and undergraduate study, two-year programs, and R&D that is relevant to the Department and the U.S. nuclear energy industry in general.
The Nuclear Energy University Program (NEUP) supports university-based infrastructure and R&D in key NE program-related areas:
• Fuel Cycle Research and Development (FC R&D);
• Reactor Concepts Research, Development and Demonstration (RC RD&D); and
• Nuclear Energy Advanced Modeling and Simulation (NEAMS)
DOE is seeking applications under the Infrastructure FOA in the following areas:
1. University Research Reactor Upgrades Infrastructure Support [Duke is not eligible]
2. General Scientific Infrastructure (GSI) Support for Universities
Number of applications allowed:
• One application per reactor under the University Research Reactor Upgrade Infrastructure Support; and
• One application can be submitted under GSI.
Interested applicants from within Duke should contact email@example.com as early as possible.
- Application Due Date: November 29, 2022
Universities and Colleges: In accordance with 2 CFR 910.126(b), eligibility for award is restricted to U.S. universities and colleges. Underrepresented Groups and Minority-Serving Institutions (e.g., Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, Tribal Serving Institutions) are encouraged to apply.
See full solicitation for details.