The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Foster G. McGaw Prize
The Foster G. McGaw Prize recognizes hospitals that have distinguished themselves through efforts to improve the health and well-being of everyone in their communities.
The winners and finalists of the Foster G. McGaw Prize collectively paint a picture of creative, innovative, insightful, caring health delivery organizations that are exceptionally committed to improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in their communities. These organizations are not all large or small (nor urban or rural) nor economically disadvantaged or advantaged. Yet uniformly, they demonstrate a passion and continuous commitment to making their communities healthier and more vital. They are all proof that the integration of the health care organization with its community is the cornerstone of a healthier America.
The Baxter International Foundation, the American Hospital Association and the Health Research & Educational Trust invite you to be a national example of excellence and innovation in serving your community by applying for the 2024 Foster G. McGaw Prize.
Deadline: May 22, 2024
1. Leadership The health delivery organization takes a proactive role in establishing the web of relationships needed to address the community's health and social issues and to improve the community's well-being.
2. Commitment Individuals and departments throughout the health delivery organization, including governance, administration, and patient care, are involved on an ongoing basis in the organization's community service plan and/or initiatives.
3. Partnerships The health delivery organization has alliances with the community, including physicians, other health-related organizations, business, and government, to identify and meet community health needs.
4. Breadth and Depth of Initiatives The health delivery organization's community service initiatives: (a) exceed the provision of just acute medical and health care services; (b) address major health-related issues in the community; (c) constitute a significant and sustainable, ongoing effort by the health delivery organization; and (d) demonstrate an impact on the community’s health status and/or quality of life.
5. Community Involvement There is a high level of community response to, acceptance of, and participation in the health delivery organization's community service initiatives.
Foster G. McGaw Prize winner will receive $100,000, a trophy, recognition at a special awards ceremony at the AHA Annual Meeting, and coverage in AHA News, H&HN Hospitals & Health Networks, and other health care publications.
Up to three finalists will each receive $10,000 and mention in AHA News, H&HN Hospitals & Health Networks, and other health care publications.