The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
FY21 Guidelines for Brownfield Multipurpose (MP) Grants
The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), as amended by the Brownfields Utilization, Investment, and Local Development (BUILD) Act (P.L. 115-141), requires the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to publish guidance for grants to assess and clean up brownfield sites. EPA’s Brownfields Program provides funds to empower states, communities, tribes, and nonprofit organizations to prevent, inventory, assess, clean up, and reuse brownfield sites. This guidance provides information on applying for Multipurpose Grants.
Multipurpose Grants provide funding to carry out a range of eligible activities. Applicants can apply for up to $800,000 per grant under this solicitation. Multipurpose Grant applicants should have the capacity to conduct a range of eligible activities, for example:
- Developing inventories of brownfield sites;
- Prioritizing sites;
- Conducting community involvement activities;
- Conducting environmental site assessments;
- Developing cleanup plans and reuse plans related to brownfield sites;
- Conducting cleanup activities on brownfield sites owned by the applicant; and
- Developing an overall plan for revitalization.
Applicants may not submit multiple applications under this solicitation.
- Duke Internal: Interested applicants at Duke should contact Paul Noe (firstname.lastname@example.org) as early as possible.
- Sponsor Deadline: Oct. 28, 2020
The estimated total funding available for Multipurpose Grants under this solicitation is approximately $8 million, and EPA anticipates awarding an estimated 10 Multipurpose Grants for an estimated amount of $800,000 for each grant subject to the availability of funds, quality of applications, and other applicable considerations.