The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Southern Documentary Fund
This program is for Southern makers. We seek to bring visibility to makers and communities who are oftentimes overlooked. We will fund:
- Nonfiction documentaries (shorts, features, docuseries, and experimental).
- Projects must be in production. Proposals for research, development, post-production, distribution or engagement/impact funding are not eligible to apply for this grant.
Deadline: Aug. 18, 2023
- Project Directors should reside or have deep roots in one of the following twelve Southern states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Applicants must have a U.S. social security number or U.S. federal tax ID number.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in a film school and/or seeking funds for a student project.
Arts & Humanities
Community Outreach and Engagement
August 18, 2023