The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Grants and Fellowships
Since 1985, the Prevent Cancer Foundation®, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, has invested nearly $142 million in support of cancer prevention research, education, advocacy and outreach programs nationwide and have played a pivotal role in developing a body of knowledge that is the basis for important prevention and early detection strategies. The Foundation is the only U.S. nonprofit organization solely devoted to cancer prevention and early detection. We have funded nearly 450 scientists at over 150 leading medical institutions across the country. Our public education programs have applied this scientific knowledge to inform the public about ways they can reduce their cancer risks. For more information, visit www.preventcancer.org.
Deadline: June 28, 2019
Areas of Interest
Grant proposals will be considered in the following categories:
- Near-term application, clinical, translational and population-based research projects
- Education programs in cancer prevention/early detection
- Early detection projects
- Behavioral intervention projects
- Early career researchers at the instructor or assistant professor level
- More senior researchers who have shifted their area of interest toward primary and secondary cancer prevention/early detection
- Researchers at any academic level who need seed funding to test an innovative hypothesis
- Researchers from non-profit institutions (including academic institutions) are eligible to apply
- Awards are limited to postdoctoral level applicants ONLY. Therefore, only graduate students who will have their doctoral degree before the project start date are eligible to apply.
- Postdoctoral researchers from non-profit institutions (including academic institutions) are eligible to apply. Researchers from for-profit institutions will not be considered.
Grants will be awarded for two years at $50,000 per year, for a total of $100,000. Fellowships will be awarded for two years at $50,000 per year, for a total of $100,000.