The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
HESI THRIVE Research Grants
THRIVE, a partner in the 2018 Biden Cancer Initiative, provides seed grants for nonclinical, clinical, and translational research and technology-based solutions that enhance our ability to predict when and how adverse effects may occur in patients who have received cancer treatment. THRIVE also supports the development of approaches to avoid or lessen these effects.
Letters of Intent Due July 1, 2019
Areas of Interest
THRIVE is interested in research that will advance our:
• Fundamental understanding of cancer drug or therapy-related toxicity;
• Ability to identify and translate critical biomarkers of toxicity;
• Models (in vitro, in vivo, in silico) of pediatric or adult drug exposure that predict early or impending toxicities;
• Understanding the role of protective co-therapies or modified exposure protocols on the onset of therapy-induced damage; and
• Identification of novel protective therapies or dosing strategies.
• PI’s must hold and MD, PhD, DVM or equivalent degree. Candidates for these degrees along with their PI may apply.
• Candidates must have the ability to conduct independent research and have published in peer-reviewed journals.
• Range of $20,000 - $50,000 for up to 24 months
• Upon agreement to THRIVE award terms, THRIVE will disburse 75% of funds with the remaining provided upon completion of the study milestones.