The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN): Cancer Immunoprevention Research Projects (U01)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is associated with the Beau Biden Cancer MoonshotSM Initiative that is intended to accelerate cancer research. Specifically, this FOA targets the following area designated as scientific priority by the Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP): Recommendation B. Create a translational science network devoted exclusively to immunotherapy approaches to treat and prevent adult cancers.
The purpose of this specific FOA is to expand Cancer Immunoprevention Research Projects as components of the Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN), which also includes Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects. The IOTN will form an integrated network of multi-disciplinary, collaborative teams with the overarching goals of accelerating translational research of innate and adaptive immune mechanisms that contribute to tumor initiation and progression, and evaluating new or improved immunopreventive and immunotherapeutic strategies (including combinations with standard or other therapies). Studies should be largely pre-clinical involving clinically-relevant models and endpoints, and have the potential for rapid translation into early-phase clinical applications.
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date.
- Application Due Date(s): February 8, 2019
RFA-CA-19-014 Expiration Date February 9, 2019
Areas of Interest
An expansion of the existing IOTN framework will include the following components:
- Additional U01 Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects (to be supported by FOA, RFA-CA-19-015);
- UG3/UH3 Cancer Immunoprevention Phased Award Projects (to be supported by RFA-CA-19-012);
- U54 Immuno-engineering to Improve Immunotherapy (i3) Centers: (to be supported by this FOA, RFA-CA-19-013); and
- Additional U01 Cancer Immunoprevention Research Projects (to be supported by this RFA-CA-19-014).
Application budgets are limited to $500,000 in direct costs per year.
The total project period request may not exceed 5 years.