The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN): Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects (U01)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is associated with the Beau Biden Cancer MoonshotSM Initiative that is intended to accelerate cancer research. Specifically, this FOA targets the following area designated as scientific priority by the Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP): Recommendation B. Create a translational science network devoted exclusively to immunotherapy approaches to treat and prevent adult cancers.
The purpose of this FOA is to expand organ site-specific Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects as components of the Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN). The IOTN will form an integrated network of multi-disciplinary, collaborative teams with the overarching goals of accelerating translational research of innate and adaptive immune mechanisms that contribute to tumor progression, and evaluating new or improved immunotherapeutic strategies (including combinations with standard or other therapies) that result in durable anti-cancer responses. Studies should be largely pre-clinical involving clinically-relevant models and endpoints.
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date.
- Application Due Date(s): February 8, 2019
RFA-CA-19-015 Expiration Date February 9, 2019
Areas of Interest
An expansion of the existing IOTN framework will include the following components:
- Additional U01 Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects (to be supported by this FOA, RFA-CA-19-015);
- UG3/UH3 Cancer Immunoprevention Phased Award Projects (to be supported by RFA-CA-19-012);
- U54 Immuno-engineering to Improve Immunotherapy (i3) Centers: (to be supported by this FOA, RFA-CA-19-013); and
- Additional U01 Cancer Immunoprevention Research Projects (to be supported by RFA-CA-19-014).
Each application budget is limited to $500,000 in direct costs per year.
The total project period request may not exceed 5 years.