The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN): Data Management and Resource-Sharing Center (DMRC) (U24)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is associated with the Beau Biden Cancer MoonshotSM Initiative that is intended to accelerate cancer research. Specifically, this FOA targets the following area designated as scientific priority by the Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP): Recommendation B. Create a translational science network devoted exclusively to immunotherapy approaches to treat and prevent adult cancers. The goal of the network is to foster collaborative team science approaches to accelerate the discover of new immune targets and evaluate novel immune-based therapies and combination approaches that eliminate established cancers in adults or to prevent cancers before they occur.
The purpose of this FOA is to establish a Data Management and Resource-sharing Center to provide overall support for the Immuno-Oncology Translational Network (IOTN) and to integrate the research activities of the IOTN with other Cancer Moonshot Initiative programs.
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date.
- Application Due Date(s): January 16, 2018
RFA-CA-17-047 Expiration Date January 17, 2018
Areas of Interest
Four companion FOAs will support the establishment of the IOTN with the following components:
- Cancer Immunotherapy Consortium (CIC): The CIC will be composed of organ site-specific Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects (to be supported by RFA-CA-17-045) and Cancer Immunoprevention Research Projects (to be supported by RFA-CA-17-046). The CIC will form an integrated network of multi-disciplinary, collaborative teams with the overarching goals of accelerating the development of improved immunotherapeutic strategies capable of eliminating established cancers or preventing cancers before they occur. Approximately 10-12 U01s are expected to be awarded in FY18.
- Data Management and Resource-Sharing Center (DMRC): The DMRC (supported by this FOA, RFA-CA-17-047) will provide overall support, and facilitate collaboration among the adult IOTN-funded components. The DMRC will also promote scientific outreach with other Cancer Moonshot initiatives and the larger scientific community.
- Cellular Immunotherapy Data Resource (CIDR): The CIDR (one U24 to be supported under RFA-CA-17-048) will support a data registry for collecting outcomes of patients receiving cellular immunotherapies, that could be utilized for observational studies or inform subsequent pre-clinical studies and clinical trials.
The applicant may request a budget of up to $750,000 in direct costs in FY 2018.