The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN): Immuno-engineering to Improve Immunotherapy (i3) Centers (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is associated with the Beau Biden Cancer MoonshotSM Initiative that is intended to accelerate cancer research. Specifically, this FOA targets the following area designated as scientific priority by the Blue Ribbon Panel (BRP): Recommendation B. Create a translational science network devoted exclusively to immunotherapy approaches to treat and prevent adult cancers.
The purpose of this FOA is to develop Immuno-engineering to Improve Immunotherapy (i3) Centers, as new components of the Immuno-Oncology Translation Network (IOTN). The i3 Centers will be comprised of multi-disciplinary teams focused on developing and employing engineered immunotherapy approaches to design more durable, widely accessible, and less toxic immunoprevention and immunotherapy strategies. The overarching goals of the IOTN are to accelerate translational research of innate and adaptive immune mechanisms that contribute to tumor progression, and evaluate new or improved immunotherapeutic strategies (including combinations with standard or other therapies) resulting in durable anti-cancer responses. Studies should be largely pre-clinical involving clinically-relevant models and endpoints.
- Letter of Intent Due Date(s): 30 days prior to the application due date.
- Application Due Date(s): February 11, 2019
RFA-CA-19-013 Expiration Date February 12, 2019
Areas of Interest
An expansion of the existing IOTN framework will include the following components:
- U54 Immuno-engineering to Improve Immunotherapy (i3) Centers: (to be supported by this FOA, RFA-CA-19-013)
- Additional U01 Cancer Immunoprevention Research Projects to be supported by RFA-CA-19-014;
- Additional U01 Cancer Immunotherapy Research Projects to be supported by RFA-CA-19-015; and
- UG3/UH3 Cancer Immunoprevention Phased Award Projects (to be supported by RFA-CA-19-012.
Each application budget is limited to $900,000 in direct costs per year.
The project period of up to 5 years may be requested.