The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Innovator Awards Program for Inflammatory Bowel Disease Research
The Kenneth Rainin Foundation believes that early support for innovative ideas can lead to improvements in preventing, diagnosing and treating Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Our investments enable researchers worldwide to test ideas, gather and share data, and collaborate to advance the understanding of IBD. In 2022, we consolidated our Innovator Awards and Synergy Awards into one grant program named Innovator Awards. Grant ranges will remain the same: up to $150,000 for projects by individual researchers and up to $300,000 for collaborative projects involving multiple investigators. Grantees who demonstrate significant progress will be eligible for up to two years of additional support.
Deadline for Letter of Inquiry: Sep. 30, 2022
- Researchers from any scientific discipline worldwide are eligible for funding.
- Typically, the researchers we fund hold advanced degrees (MD, PhD or the equivalent) and academic positions at universities, medical centers or research institutions.
- Innovator Awards may only have one Principal Investigator, and funding is awarded to their home institution. However additional investigators may be included as Co-Investigators, and the lead institution can create subaward(s).
- Postdocs are not eligible to apply as a Principal Investigator.
- Current and former Rainin Foundation grantees are eligible.
- Researchers may submit multiple proposals, as long as there are distinct aims and objectives for each proposal.