The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Institute of Medicine -- Gustav O. Lienhard Award
The Gustav O. Lienhard Award, established in 1986, is presented annually by the National Academy of Medicine in honor of Gustav O. Lienhard, Chairman of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s Board of Trustees from 1971 to 1986. The award — a medal and $40,000 — recognizes individuals for outstanding achievement in improving health care services in the United States. Support for the award is provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Each year, a selection committee appointed by the NAM reviews nominations based on selection criteria that reflect the ideals and work of Mr. Lienhard and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Deadline for Nominations: May 17, 2019
Areas of Interest
Principal selection criteria:
- Achievement in the area of personal health services, whether through clinical and/or leadership activities;
- Innovative, creative, and pioneering achievement; and
- Achievement of national scope.
Additional selection criteria:
- Unique contributions by the nominee to that achievement;
- Positive change over a sustained period (not simply the potential for such change) through the nominee's achievement;
- A qualitative and quantitative impact;
- Success in overcoming barriers, based on resources available.