The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Intellectual Community Planning Grants [Duke Internal Funding -- For Duke Faculty Only]
The Provost’s Office is once again offering support to Duke faculty who are interested in convening a group of colleagues to begin or test a new collaboration around a shared intellectual interest.
Project funds ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 will be awarded for use during the 2020 calendar year. Recipients can use funds to cover the cost of food, meeting venue, external speakers or other meeting costs, and/or exploratory research (as by an RA) into potential collaborators at Duke, UNC, NC State, NCCU, RTI, etc.
Deadlines: Oct. 18, 2019
- Any Duke regular rank faculty member, from any discipline, is eligible to propose and form a new collaborative group.
- Each group should have at least five participating faculty members.
- Prospective collaborations may be framed around disciplinary, interdisciplinary, or multidisciplinary themes. The search function at scholars.duke.edu is a useful tool to find other faculty who share a particular intellectual interest.
- Proposals should identify a faculty lead organizer (PI).
- Collaborative groups that include faculty from the Schools of Medicine and Nursing are welcome to apply, so long as that contingent does not comprise a majority of committed faculty.