This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages collaborative research applications on drug abuse and addiction that:
1. Take advantage of unusual opportunities that exist outside the United States to access talent, resources, populations, or environmental conditions in other countries that will speed scientific discovery
2. Describe how the research will significantly advance U.S. health sciences
3. Demonstrate specific relevance to the NIDA mission and objectives. To determine whether your research plan is relevant to the NIDA mission and objectives, review the NIDA Strategic Plan (https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/2016-2020-nida-strategic-plan). Where feasible, applications should address NIDA’s international scientific priority areas (https://www.drugabuse.gov/international/research-priorities)
4. Include an investigator from a U.S. institution and a non-U.S. citizen partner living and working in another country.
- R01 Deadlines: Feb. 5, June 5, Oct. 5.
- AIDS Deadlines: Jan. 7, May 7, Sep. 7.
PA-18-773 Expiration Date May 8, 2021