The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
International Research Travel Grants for US-based Scholars
This research travel grant program offers US-based scholars working on American art and visual culture prior to 1980 the opportunity to conduct research abroad. Grant funding is available for projects that require study of materials outside the United States and that will enable scholars to:
- Discover new primary source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, critics, art dealers, archivists, curators, and university scholars;
- Consult archives and library collections outside the US; and
- Establish professional networks for future research.
Proposals are accepted from US-based doctoral students, postdoctoral scholars, and senior scholars.
Deadline: Jan. 15, 2022