The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women
The Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women provides scholarships of up to $10,000 to support research advancing the study of women in the medical profession and strengthening the AMA's ability to identify and address the issues affecting women physicians and medical students.
The American Medical Association Women Physicians Section (WPS) in conjunction with the AMA Foundation established the Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women to promote the progress of women in the medical profession and to strengthen the ability to identify and address the needs of women physicians and medical students.
Deadline: Jul. 15, 2023
Areas of Interest
AMA is seeking innovative research proposals focusing on professional work/practice issues that affect women physicians, including but not limited to:
- Leadership training protocols
- Gender-based physician practice patterns
- Physician satisfaction or burnout
- Retention incentives
- Practice re-entry issues
- The principal investigator or the co-principal investigator listed on the Giambalvo application must be a medical student or a physician (MD or DO). Students who are pursuing a MD or DO and are enrolled in accredited medical schools in the United States as determined by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and the AOA’s Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation are eligible.
- In the event that the Principal Investigator for the Giambalvo Award leaves their university, the university agrees to either (a) allow the funds to be transferred to the new institution or (b) allow the individual to remain the Principal Investigator and may add a university employee (must be a MD or DO) to the project if needed.
- Researcher(s) may work alone or collaboratively on the specific research project.
- AMA membership is not required to be eligible for this award.
- Members of the AMA Foundation Board of Directors, AMA Board of Trustees, Joan F. Giambalvo Fund for the Advancement of Women selection committee, AMA staff, and AMA Foundation staff are not eligible for this award.