The Duke Funding Alert newsletter, published every Monday, provides information on all new and updated grants and fellowships added to the database during the prior week. This listserv is restricted to members of the Duke community.
KURe - Multidisciplinary K12 Urologic Research Career Development Program -- Multiyear Diversity Supplement - For Applicants from Underrepresented Groups [Duke Internal Funding -- For Duke Scholars Only]
This NIDDK-funded program supports the career development of clinicians and non-clinicians to develop the skills necessary to initiate and sustain an independent research career and advance the field of benign urology. NIDDK has particular interest in expertise outside of clinical urology.
The KURe fosters diversity, provides individualized mentoring and career development support in an environment of team science, fostering multidisciplinary research emphasizing the importance of diverse scientific methods, prepares KURe Scholars to lead their own research teams and become the mentors and leaders of tomorrow.
- Protected time: 2-5 years with 50-75% of full-time professional effort
- Salary support up to $100,000/year
- $30,000/year to generate preliminary data for independent grant submissions
- $10,000/year for professional career development, basic and clinical research training course work, conference travel
- Access to clinical environment and procedures
- Individual Leadership Enhancement and Career Development Coaching
- Structured mentoring
- Connection with other Duke scholars through the Community of Scholars
- Access to special interest meetings and conferences at the NIH
Applications: Letter of Intent due: November 1, 2020
More Information: KURe.medschool.duke.edu
Applications are invited from groups underrepresented in biomedical research (racial/ethnic underrepresentation, individuals with disabilities, individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds).
*US citizenship or permanent residency *Doctoral degree *Not been a PD/PI on major NIH grants
*No more than 7 years of post-doctoral research experience (not including clinical fellowship)